Mr. Farmer is your first patient on your next midnight shift. He is 82 years old living at home with his wife, retired on the farm. He drives, and is still cutting wood though he says he has “slowed down a bit lately”.
- Medications: Hydrochlorothiazide, atorvastatin, ASA, tamsulosin, metoprolol
- On examination: BP: 135/70, HR 90, T 37.6; Sat 96%
- No focal findings on any system. Hematology/chemistry/urine – all within normal limits.
- Watch the video below and answer the questions that follow.
- At your institution what “presenting complaint” would appear on this man’s chart?
- So what could this man have?