In order to qualify for professional credit for the Medication Management module of this site, you must complete the following:
- Take the Knowledge Assessment (pre-test) quiz
- Complete the Interactive Activities under each of the Cases sections
- View material on each page of the section (earn a page view)
- Take the Knowledge Check (post-test) quiz
- Answer the reflective questions in the Summary
- Fill out a quick course evaluation form
- It is NOT necessary to comment in every Discussion box to obtain credit.
You may stop your progress at any time and return at your convenience. Your progress will always be saved.
Tracking Your Progress
The progress bar above the Table of Contents to the right shows you your progress as you move through the material.
If you would like to see your progress in more detail, visit your Dashboard.
- Pharmacologic Issues in Geriatric Emergency Medicine – Blanda, Michelle P. Elsevier Saunders – View the Article
- American Geriatrics Society, Updated Beers Criteria for Potentially Inappropriate Medication Use in Older Adults – PDF
- STOPPFrail (Screening Tool of Older Persons Prescriptions in Frail adults with limited life expectancy): consensus validation. Lavan AH et al. – Age Aging 2017 Jul;46(4):600-607. – View the NCBI Journal Article
- Prescribing to Older ED Patients, Terrell KM et al. – American Journal of Emergency Medicine
Volume 24, Issue 4; pg. 468-478, July 2006 – View the NCBI Journal Article
- Inappropriate prescribing in elderly ED patients. Heard K, Wilber S, Shah MN. Am J Emerg Med 2008 Mar;26(3):372-373. – View the NCBI Journal Article
- Inappropriate prescribing in an older ED population. Hustey FM, Wallis N, Miller J. Am J Emerg Med 2007 Sep;25(7):804-807. – View the NCBI Journal Article
- Potentially inappropriate medication utilization in the emergency department visits by older adults: analysis from a nationally representative sample. Meurer WJ, Potti TA, Kerber KA, Sasson C, Macy ML, West BT, Losman ED. Acad Emerg Med. 2010 Mar;17(3):231-7. – View the NCBI Journal Article