1. Providing ED care for older patients, especially palliative patients, is more about goal-oriented care than problem oriented care. Which of the following statements is FALSE with relation to goal-oriented care?
2. Which of the following statements about opioid conversions are TRUE? Select all that apply
3. Which of the following are known and common side effects of opioid therapy that it would be wise to tell your patients about? Select all that apply
4. What ‘trajectory of dying’ is represented by the graph below?
5. Mr. Taft is a 75 year old male who presents to your ED with 9/10 back pain, which he says is an acute worsening of his chronic pain secondary to bony prostate cancer metastases. He takes Hydromorphone Contin 40mg PO BID for his pain at home, and has been on this dose for months. You are keen to properly control his pain before you continue with his assessment, but are quite worried about respiratory depression at the levels of opioid you would be forced to give him to control his pain. What is the best approach to controlling his pain in the ED?