Mr Termine is a 76-year-old man with Stage IV lung cancer with metastases to his ribs. All chemo options have been stopped. His only medication is two tabs of acetaminophen 325/oxycodone 5 every four hours. At this point, he spends almost all day in bed, taking sips of water only. His daughter – his only care-giver – is exhausted.
You identified needs in the area of:
- care-giver burnout
He says: “I just want to go home. What can you do for me, doc?”
- What would you do for his pain?
- What can you do for his constipation?
- What can you do for his nausea?
- What can you do for his anxiety?
- What can you do to address the care-giver burnout his daughter is experiencing?