In order to qualify for professional credit for the Trauma and Falls module of this site, you must complete the following:
- Take the Knowledge Assessment (pre-test) quiz
- Complete the Interactive Activities under the Cases section
- View material on each page of the section (earn a page view)
- Take the Knowledge Check (post-test) quiz
- Answer the reflective questions in the Summary
- Fill out a quick course evaluation form
- It is NOT necessary to comment in every Discussion box to obtain credit.
You may stop your progress at any time and return at your convenience. Your progress will always be saved.
Tracking Your Progress
The progress bar above the Table of Contents to the right shows you your progress as you move through the material.
If you would like to see your progress in more detail, visit your Dashboard.
- Trauma and Falls in the Elderly – Emergency Medicine Clinics of North America, Elsevier Saunders – View Article
- Chapter on Geriatric Trauma in the ATLS Course Manual
- Meta-analysis of the impact of 9 medication classes on falls in elderly persons. Woolcott JC et al. – Arch Intern Med 2010 Mar 8;170(5):477. – View the JAMA Article
- Comparisons of Interventions for Preventing Falls in Older Adults: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Tricco AC et al. – JAMA. 2017 Nov 7;318(17):1687-1699. – View the JAMA Article