In order to qualify for professional credit for the Trauma and Falls module of this site, you must complete the following:
- Take the Knowledge Assessment (pre-test) quiz
- Complete the Interactive Activities under the Cases section
- View material on each page of the section (earn a page view)
- Take the Knowledge Check (post-test) quiz
- Answer the reflective questions in the Summary
- Fill out a quick course evaluation form
- It is NOT necessary to comment in every Discussion box to obtain credit.
You may stop your progress at any time and return at your convenience. Your progress will always be saved.
Tracking Your Progress
The progress bar above the Table of Contents to the right shows you your progress as you move through the material.
If you would like to see your progress in more detail, visit your Dashboard.
- Trauma and Falls in the Elderly – Emergency Medicine Clinics of North America, Elsevier Saunders – View Article
- Chapter on Geriatric Trauma in the ATLS Course Manual
- Meta-analysis of the impact of 9 medication classes on falls in elderly persons. Woolcott JC et al. – Arch Intern Med 2010 Mar 8;170(5):477. – View the JAMA Article
- Comparisons of Interventions for Preventing Falls in Older Adults: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Tricco AC et al. – JAMA. 2017 Nov 7;318(17):1687-1699. – View the JAMA Article
Participate in the discusssion by posting a comment below
You must be logged in to post a comment
Most common call after pain
It is NOT necessary to comment in every Discussion box to obtain credit.
Excited about this module.
wonderful. a very important module like the others
looking forward to learning from this module
What a great module
The elderly certainly can present with many hidden complications.
Falls are a big problem
Anxious to get started
Thanks for your enthusiasm!
here we go
What a great module! Colourful! To the point!
we are such a friendly group! 🙂
Looks like a great module
Falls are a huge part of the elderly visits
we see a lot of elderly that have fallen
looking forward to this module